Enjoy your outdoor living space with the addition of a covered patio, screen room or sunroom. We love creating spaces where you can unwind at the end of a long day or entertain friends and family.
Tips for planning your new outdoor living space:
- Determine your objective. Do you want an area for Barbecuing? Need more room for patio furniture? Is low maintenance a priority?
- Have an idea of your rear and side property setbacks and understand that each property is different. You may want to add a sunroom to the rear of your home, but if the finished dimensions exceed your setback, a building permit will not be approved.
- Determine your budget. Will your project require financing? Or have you been saving for that outdoor kitchen? You may determine to break the project up, ie, rebuild the deck now with plans to build the patio roof next year.
- Don’t overbuild for the neighborhood. Make it a space you and your family will enjoy, but not one that won’t recoup your money if and when you sell your home.
- Explore your finish options and determine if they fit within your budget. An open rafter patio roof with tongue and groove pine is an absolutely gorgeous effect. It’s amazing the glow of deck lighting and the atmosphere it creates. Just a quick browse through the web will give you ideas to add to your wish list.
- Are there things you can do yourself to save money? Applying your own stain to your new deck can save you hundreds of dollars. Always wanted to try your hand at laying tile? Start with your new sunroom floor.
- Is backyard privacy an issue? If so, consider privacy fencing, lattice walls for vines or ivy to grow on, or outdoor curtains
- Think about your pets! Will you need a doggie door installed in the sunroom for easy access to your fenced in backyard? We’ve even built separate ramps for clients’ 4-legged senior family members!
- After the project is built, plan for any new furniture and landscaping you’ll need to give it that finished look
At Woodruff Construction in Knoxville, TN, we take the time to pay attention to the finer details at hand. We hold ourselves to extremely high standards when it comes to quality and we offer a wide variety of sunroom and screen room options to suit any budget or taste. When you hire us, you can count on professional and competitively priced service, no matter the scope of the job.
Invest in your home and your comfort with a quality sunroom or screen room addition. For more information about the options we offer or to schedule an on-site estimate for your property, call Woodruff Construction today.